Monday, 28 May 2012

I love a sunburnt country...


A land of sweeping plains, off ragged mountain ranges, of droughts and flooding rains. You can find that poem here. It's an iconic poem about Australia written by Dorothea MacKellar that seemed fitting to open this post. Why? Well I have had a revelation my wonderful lovelies. I love my country. I think my whole life I've taken for granted how fantastic this place is. I'm so lucky to live here. I've seen but a tiny part of this massive, beautiful country and I can't wait to see more. While travelling overseas is definitely on my list - why not discover this grand beauty that is right in my backyard? I'm so lucky. We were scarcely touched by the GFC and finding jobs (I have found) is still pretty darn easy (I've heard it's not such a delight for you Americans out there!).


This is the Australia I know (and love);

via


via

How lucky am I? Well we have this; 

via


And these. These are the places I want to discover.... (beware, there are many)

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

via

And these are the people I want to meet;

via

via

via

via

via

There is just so much to see and do in this beautiful country :) I'm so excited to travel it with my lover over the next few years.

Do you have a jewel of a country that you've taken for granted? Where've you been? Where will you go? What places have you not even considered a great destination to explore that are right under your nose?

Love, hugs & unicorn kisses.

Disclaimer: I own none of the above photos. All have been sourced from Pinterest with a link to the publishing website shown beneath each picture.

4 comments:

  1. I've been to Australia and your pictures remind me of why I loved it. There was an openess and friendliness that someone raised in the midwest of the US could appreciate. Also there was great red wine! BTW, your first shot could be Kansas, USA. Thanks for sharing. Be sure to post the pictures YOU take during your travels!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely be sharing the pics of my travels when I finally get around to it! I would love to visit America too! But perhaps after I've got to know my own wonderful country a bit better :)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Whoee - my comment was published TOMORROW - it's 6/10 here :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always tomorrow in Australia!

      Delete