So here is what I'd like to spend it on;
I work in reception, so I need to have smart office clothes. I also work in an accounting firm, so they'll also need to be professional. First, give me a chance to explain the above - a lot of the shirts I don't actually love but I plan to be wearing them under item 1 most times. See below for a full explanation.
1. City Dressing Blazer - $55.20 (Target)I would need one or two suit jackets to wear over most of the shirts a majority of the time. I like the contrast of this one, but would also need a plain one, in black or charcoal, to match my suit bottoms. Which brings me to the next item;
2. Myer Pants - $89.95 (Myer)
I would need at least two sets of pants, preferably one in charcoal and one in black, perhaps having a lighter grey colour as a third option should I be rich enough :p, this would have to match a jacket to combine as a suit (see item 1).
3. Limited Edition Skirt - $47.20 (Target)
This fills the same role as the pants. I would need a couple of skirts, in differing colours however keeping to black/grey theme would be best. Would have to match a jacket so that I could wear a suit combination.
4. Saba Blue Top - $129 (Saba Online), 7. City Dressing Blouse - $31.20, 8. Basque Knot Shirt - $59.95 9. City Dressing Blouse - $31.20
These shirts I would cover with a jacket and probably stay that way all day, while I don't like the tops, I do like how they'd look under a jacket, with just the bright colour & nice middle design showing.
5. Sheike Blouse $89.95 (Online)
I LOVE this top, I would wear it with and without a jacket easily. Love love love.
6. Hot Options Top - $28.00 (Target)
I would wear this with or without a jacket, I do like it better than the others but not as much as item 5. Love the bright blue - it just seems to pop!
So there you are, my ideas for a wardrobe makeover. Ideally I'd have two sets of each essential (2x jackets, 2x pants & 2x skirts) all of (as close as I can afford to) exceptional quality. Then I'd have many many tops that I could change and play around with. Ideally I'd love to expand bit by bit and maybe incorporate some navy coloured suit bottoms or tops as well.
Do you have a work wardrobe? Do you find it as hard as I do to co-ordinate for work?