Wednesday, 7 March 2012

Saint Petersburg Governor - an Idiot?

I don't know if you've heard, but the Governor of St Petersburg is attempting to pass a bill that - if allowed - will result in stiff fines for anyone that speaks, writes, reads or debates on anything 'gay'.

It's pretty disgusting it you ask me. I think the desired effect is to make gay's 'non-existant' basically. How do you feel about the government trying to stifle someone's sexuality? The sexuality of a whole city? I find it absurd, distasteful and too be honest - pretty stupid. Trying to ban people talking about, writing about or reading about something is a pretty tough thing to police. The only real proof you'd have are recordings or the written pieces by those who are guilty - and guilty of what? Free speech? I admit I don't know a lot about how Russia's government works, but they're going to have their work cut out for them.

If you think it's disgusting, you can - like me - sign the petition. You should also watch the great video that's on their website too.

Hands up if your with me. Anyone not?


No comments:

Post a Comment