Thursday, 15 March 2012

Gotta Love a Game of Tag!

I've been tagged for the very first time! Courtesy of the wonderful Author Alden (be sure to check out his blog!).

The rules of the lucky 7 meme are as follows;

1. Go to page 77 of your current work in progress.
2. Go to line 7.
3. Copy down the next 7 lines.
4. Tag seven authors.
5. Let them know.
6. It didn't feel right
7. Not to have seven points for this thing :p

Now, as  I don't have a WIP on me that is 77 pages long... I decided to head to page 7 of one... crappity crap, here goes :p

(for a bit of backfill... the MC is trying to define love)

I could never define it, as one would hope to - it's an intangible holy grail of the human condition. But it exists.

Unfortunately, I can't pinpoint what love is - by golly I wish I could. It's a feeling deep withing us, a feeling that is ever-present, stable and unyielding. It's the thing that makes me stand up and protect my little sister, the thing that keeps me warm on cold nights, and what brings tears to my eyes when I see lover for the first time in six weeks. I have no doubt that there are those out there that have never felt love. I can't say that I pity them, as truthfully, I've never not known love, not since the moment I was born.


Wow, that's a crazy chunk of long sentences! The few authors I've tagged are below! I'll be sure to warn them, but due to the impromptu nature of the tagging world, they might not be able to commit for whatever reason. Be sure to check out their blogs!

Al from AF12
DA Laschelles
Ralfast
View of Sue
Beyond Tourism
Living & Working in China
Magic Mint


Head on over and check it out!



2 comments:

  1. Great job with the Lucky 7! I'm loving reading everyone's excerpts. Something about getting such little glimpses into someone's work is compelling.

    Really enjoyed yours! And thanks for the plug. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries, it was great fun! Thanks for the tag :D

    ReplyDelete