Monday, 6 February 2012

Word of the week: Doppelganger!

This word is fantastic isn't it? Ooh I just love hearing it and saying it! The definition is below;


dop·pel·gäng·er

  [dop-uhl-gang-er; Ger. daw-puhl-geng-er]  Show IPA
noun
a ghostly double or counterpart of a living person.

I love the idea of doppelgangers existing and that they really are identical people that have no relation... twins with different mumma and papas! I don't know if any of you have ever seen an episode of 'The Vampire Diaries' but I especially love the sexy way that Nina Dobrev (playing Katherine & Elena) says the word doppelganger... her voice is so raspy and alluring I'd follow her anywhere... here is a short clip I managed to pull from youtube of her schmexy voice!


At 1:23 is where she says that oh-so-sexy word :)

I also have read a few articles about apparent celebrities that are immortal and never age... or in a much more likely case - have doppelgangers from the past. I've copied a few of the pics below, there sources can be visited by clicking on the pics.

John Travolta

Nicolas Cage


Justin Timberlake


Conan O'Brien


Julianne Moore

I hope you enjoyed this word of the week as much as I did! I can't wait to thrash another word that I love next week! Adios lovely ones.

JP xx

2 comments:

  1. Whoa! Some of those are intense!!! That would be awesome if they were immortal, LOL. I clearly watch The Vampire Diaries. Loved this post :)

    Bailey
    http://lostandfound-bailee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I love Vampire Diaries too! Definitely addictive :)

    They're pretty similar looking aren't they! Thanks for the comment, I'll be sure to head on over to your blog!

    ReplyDelete