Sunday, 12 February 2012

Lovely Snail Mail and a Writing Buddy! (of sorts)

So a few weeks ago, I wrote a letter to my old high school teacher. I've written about 1/4 - 1/3 of my novel now and wrote to her appealing for feedback and support. She always encouraged me in school and worked on a poem with me for months that I was writing for the peace prize in year 12.

Well, today I got a reply!



Basically, I asked if she was too busy to read through scraps of my novel. Bits and pieces rather than the novel as a whole (as a teacher I imagined she'd be super busy marking tests and assignments and such). The reply was fantastic! She said that she is now deputy, she remembers me (yay! It's been three years!), and that she'd love to read through bits and pieces of my writing because as deputy, she doesn't have much marking to do.

I wrote to her not expecting a willing reader or even a reply if she was too busy (and I sent it to the school, because I don't know her address :p) but this was a fantastic outcome! She sent me her email and is keen to help out :D I'm so excited to have someone on board to help through my writing with me! She also shared her background in creative writing, where she was lucky enough to be tutored by Elizabeth Jolley & Tim Winton! Cool eh?

I just wanted to share with you all this fantastic progress in my writing life! Share with me the great moments in your writing journey, when did you first find someone interested in your work? What is the most compelling moment of your journey that has defined you as a writer? I'm so curious!

Loves, hugs and a bazillion good wishes! J Pxx

No comments:

Post a Comment