Wednesday, 11 January 2012

VIRALS by Kathy Reichs



Ok so! Beautiful people of the world... this book is - amazing. Kathy Reichs has done an amazing job branching out from her more thoroughly visited books on anthropology (better known as the 'Bones' series) and captured the essence of a group of young teens.

I went in expecting something similar to her past works that I'd read, and I was pleasantly surprised to find a whole different ballgame waiting for me. Being a teenager at the time myself, I was immediately immersed in the story of the characters as they experienced changes to their bodies. The little band of friends that had grown close due to their common ground of being 'outcasts' are extremely likable from page one.

This book kept me up at night, turning page after page until I couldn't keep my eyes open to read more. It explores the bonds of friendship that are tested when an unknown transformation is affecting all of the members of the group and you can feel their wonder, fright and apprehension every time they flare.

I give it 4.5 out of 5 and it's back on my list to read again, I can feel already that I'm going to enjoy picking up details in the story that I missed the first time around. I thoroughly recommend reading it for those that enjoy mystery, suspense and sci-fi reading.

Do all things beautifully, JP xx

Image not my own - taken from Kathy Reichs' website.

No comments:

Post a Comment