Tuesday, 31 January 2012

Today we lost a good one...

A boy I went to highschool with passed away today after along battle with cancer. I knew he was sick, but I still couldn't face the fact that this might happen. I never thought it would, to tell you the truth, because he was always a fighter, always strong. He was one of the few people I knew that had a true sense of self.

I hate that I have to introduce him as 'a boy I went to high school with' because I'd love to say he was a friend, but to say that, I'd have to have been a friend to him, which I wasn't. I was in school I guess, but that was three years ago now. He was a beautiful person inside and out and I feel awful I didn't put in an effort to meet up with him before he died.

I can only hope that his family finds solace in the mountains of support that their friends and family have for them.

Has anyone else out there been affected by the death of someone, more than they thought they'd be?

Rest in peace beautiful man. May you be in a better place, and may your family heal quickly from the loss of you.

Cody - a boy that did everything beautifully. JP xx

11 comments:

  1. Hello! I'm new to your blog from the critique blogfest, and I'm happy to meet you!

    Sorry to hear of the recent loss. It can be hard, especially if regret of any form is attached to it.

    Regarding the blog critique: I do love the layout and header for your blog. I am curious why you've started another blog? Is it not possible to write about everything you enjoy/pursue on one blog? I know a lot of people have many blogs ... just curious!

    Happy writing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, stopping by from the blog fest. I've got a feeling I'm following in Margo's footsteps.

    I'm sorry to hear about your loss. You know, it's just so sad.

    I feel a little uncomfortable moving on. But this is a vibrant blog, and you've got one killer of a blog title. I'm going to have a little poke around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the compliment on the blog title! It actually took me around two months to think of one that I liked enough to let it stay!

      Thanks for taking the time to visit, it's a shame that everyone from blogfest stumbled over when I'd posted such a sad topic but I needed to get that one out!

      Thanks again :)

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie, your support does mean a lot to me :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. I'm also visiting thanks to Critique Blogfest. You have a clear and honest style and I enjoyed reading your posts.I like the visual appearance of your blog and I agree that the header is great. I hope you"ll visit me at Chubby Chatterbox sometime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the positive feedback on my blog, I'm glad you find the appearance attractive, it's changed a lot lately but I've finally settled one something I love.

      I'll definitely head on over to visit you at Chubby Chatterbox soon! :) Thanks again for coming on over :)

      Delete
  5. Yep, I found you via the Critique blogfest too - so sorry to hear about this boy's passing! He sounds like he was a great person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trisha, he was a great person, inside and out but it seems that cancer always does take the best of us.

      Thanks for coming on over, I appreciate it :) xx

      Delete
  6. You have tapped into an experience that resonates for me. I was very close with someone in college and after graduation, we slowly lost touch. I learned he had died at least a year after that fact and the shock to my system was huge. How could he have left this earth and I didn't even know it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad I'm not the only one to feel this way. I'm sorry you didn't learn of his passing for so long, I can only imagine how much of a shock that must have been.

      Thanks again.

      Delete