Thursday, 12 January 2012

Absolute Write!

So! Today I'm featuring my post on the wonderful website that is Absolute Write. The people there are friendly, helpful and generally fantastic :)

They have forums available on so many topics. I often get overwhelmed at them all! One topic I love to peruse is the TIO forum! It's hilarious, some of the arguments that have gone on. However it makes me wonder how people can post such nasty things and expect to get away with it - do they really think it's ok? Anyway listen to me, I sound just like one of them!

I've only recently discovered the blogging and social networking forum and it inspired me to blog some more! Again, the community is great!

Back to my novel - it's a working progress. I just get so overwhelmed with the MAGNITUDE of it all that I wonder if it's worth it. Am I really any good? Is it worth my time? Am I just kidding myself? Then I head on over to the Absolute Write forums and I hear from all these people who have experienced or are experiencing the same thing, and I get all motivated to push on through and get going. Still, I have those days where you want to through the lot down the drain and go back to moping about in self-loathing.

Onto happier topics! I bought a binder for my home-binder that I'm working on! You can read all about it here, if you're interested. Oh happy days! I even got a laminator - and this is going to sound SUPER nerdy of me, but I think I'm in love! I've wanted one for such a looooong time and I've never had a legitimate reason for purchase! Now I am happily on my way to plasticating many a sheet of paper.

So anyhow that's that for the moment, I'll post some links to some excellent writing blogs that I've been introduced to from AW over the next day or so :) it's too good to keep to myself.

In the meantime, do all things so they're beautiful (like you!) JP xx

1 comment:

  1. I've been on Absolute Write for a couple of years now and it's one of the best writers' forums on the web.
    I can't even begin to list the files I've copied from there on the art of writing, grammar and just about anything else to do with the art of telling stories.
    Glad to see you're there and will keep an eye out for your posts.

    ReplyDelete