Thursday, 19 January 2012

A Thief of Books

So here's my dilemma. I'm reading The Book Thief at the moment. Or at least I'm attempting to. The way the book is written in death's POV puts me off. I don't know if I like the voice - which irks me because so many people love this book. If you're one of them please don't smack me over the head with it (it's quite hefty!). The thing is right, I really want to like it, but I keep finding myself putting it down because the structure and the voice make it hard for me to read. Perhaps I'm just an unpracticed reader. Maybe I should read more.

Going off on a tangent slightly, I found the book at my parent's place (where my younger sister still lives at home) and realised it was from the school library. It had been checked out quite a while ago. I gave her sh*t while my lover starts chuckling from the couch.

"What's so funny?" I ask.

"It's called - The Book Thief." he chuckles back at me. It took me about two more seconds before I was there. I cracked up! So did lil sis.

There you go... one good thing I have to say about it - it was pretty hilarious that that particular book was nabbed from the school library :p... have to get it back to them now.

Make sure those tasks that you set your heart upon are done beautifully, loves JP xx

2 comments:

  1. the book thief is one of my favourite books of all time, i LOVE it. the last sentence gives me goosebumps every time. don't you dare skip ahead and read it now! if that isn't incentive to finish reading it, i don't know what is ;)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok ok I will try! I've just finished the prologue and I'm about halfway through chapter 1... I'll keep at it. Don't worry, if just can't finish it, I'll let you know and I'll let you throw it at me... from a safe distance! :p

    ReplyDelete