Friday, 10 June 2011

We Just Wanna Make the World Dance.... Forget About the Price Tag....

Everybody look to their left (yeah)
Everybody look to their right (ha)
Can you feel that (yeah)
We're paying with love tonight
It's not about the money, money, money
We don't need your money, money, money
We just wanna make the world dance,
Forget about the Price Tag
Ain't about the (uh) Cha-Chang Cha-Chang.
Aint about the (yeah) Ba-Blang Ba-Blang
Wanna make the world dance,
Forget about the Price Tag.

Lyrics to Price Tag by Jessie J

Does anyone else think that the lyrics to this song are stupid? Not just you know, a stupid topic, because I think the topic is great... but I was listening to this song in the car the other day and I was driving (and I'd already done a few hours driving that day so forgive me for this) and I thought... it's kind of hypocritical don't you think?

Ok so here's what I mean, this chick is singing about "the money don't matter, lets make everybody dance and all be happy, yay yay yay and we can all eat rainbows and poop out money". Ok fair enough - then I gotsta thinkin'... wouldn't you be making a pretty sweet buck out of this 'money don't matter' song?

As it turns out.. the clever little minx made it to number one in France, Belgium, New Zealand, UK Singles Chart, Ireland, Hungary, and Germany and made it to number two in Australia... so you tell me... reckon she's earnt her fair share? You'd wanna bet. Now I'm not jealous... actually I am insanely jealous. She even gets to dress up cool and dance and sing and stuff and she gets paid for it ---- spewwwin!

Anyhow - do everything so it's beautiful :) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment