Tuesday, 22 February 2011

LET'S GET MARRIED!

So - my views on marriage? Mixed. For years and years I've blatantly claimed to never ever ever get married. I mean yeah sure live with a man all your life and monogamy? That I am indeed all for. However now people around me are getting married and it seems wonderful - the idea of getting swept away by the fairtyale idea of a day when you are the princess. Also, there is the feeling of being wanted by a man - or woman - that wants to you be with them for the rest of their lives. It is an extremely tempting idea!

However I still quote 'I am never getting married' when around girls discussing the dream. Many are shocked and ask why and I suppose the real reason is because I don't want to get caught up in the idea of a WEDDING and forget that their is a MARRIAGE behind it all.

I want to get married someday because I don't want to live the rest of my life without that person, not because I want a beautiful day where I'm the queen - that's just the bonus. I mean if I spend 10 years of my life with a man and I feel that I don't ever want to live without him, sure I'd be keen. If I could see a better life for me without that person, or even a life at all without that person then there'd be doubts creeping up in my mind. I do not want to get married for a wedding!

Am I just a sick twisted cynical woman that doesn't have a forever heart? And of course stemming from this I have a view on never ever ever sharing finances with a man - but even more than that - I don't want to ever be financially dependant on a man, ever! When I have babies - sorry, IF I have babies, I don't want to be the mum that lives of the blokes salary, I'd have money saved or I'd have paid maternity leave and then go back to work as soon as possible. Just the way it is.

Am I a heartless bitch?

2 comments:

  1. Nope! (Your not a heartless bitch) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks, it had me worried! All the girls I know are shocked when I say I will never get married! Haha :D

    ReplyDelete